Apache's DocumentRoot on vfat partition goes: permiddion denied, .. anyone ???

Daniel Masson danielemasson at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 03:37:05 UTC 2005

Thanks tim ill give it a try ...

Tim <ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au> wrote: On Sun, 2005-08-28 at 13:52 -0700, Daniel Masson wrote:

> Im trying to set de DosumentRoots directive of a
> virtualhost that im creating in apache , .. but i
> always get permission denied 403 when trying to access
> from browser , ... the line on /etc/fstab goes:
>
> dev/hda8 /documentos vfat
> defaults,uid=48,gid=48 0 0
>
> apache runs a uid 48 and gid 48, ... the virtual host
> goes:
>

> ServerAdmin danielemasson at yahoo.com
> #DocumentRoot /mnt/documentos
> DocumentRoot /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes/Fecel/sitio
> ServerName fecel
> ErrorLog logs/fecel-error_log
> CustomLog logs/fecel-access_log common
>

> anyone can help me please ????

Two common issues:

1. Unix permissions

Make the parent directories of sitio all world executable, as well as
the sitio directory. And make the sitio directory world readable,
something like this:

rwx----wx /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes/Fecel/sitio
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes/Fecel
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp/clientes
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol/corp
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel/genteol
rwx-----x /documentos/daniel
rwx-----x /documentos

2. SELinux restrictions

Read the SELinux Apache FAQ about this on the Fedora website.

Basically you can disable SELinux, or disable SELinux with Apache, or
set appropriate SELinux rules for the files and directories being served
by Apache.

I read messages from the public lists.