Pls guide me to keep up with new version (from Fedora Core 3 to 4)

Jack Ling fly2moon2 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 06:58:00 UTC 2005

Hi,

I've Fedora Core 3 installed in my system. Using quite happily. But I also
want to try and use Fedore Core 4.

If I were to install on the same partition, will it affect the functioning
of my current configurrations, e.g. xoops , mysql , apache servers etc.?
Will it re-initialize everything?

Alternatively, if I were to install on another partition. Is it ideal
(keeping fc3 and 4 working nicely and separately)? But then, my
server/application configuration will need to be re-done again on fc4...

This will be an ongoing problem as new versions will be coming about
half-yearly. While I want my "production" version to run stably, I also want
to keep up with new technologies...What would be the best way?

your advice please.
best regards,

jackling