VSFTP - Adding Users

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 14:38:29 UTC 2005

:====================================================:.

> Amichai Rotman
>
> UIN#: 6401746
> Registered Linux User#: 201192

I just setup vsftp over the weekend. I was able to set
it up allow cerain IP's or IP ranges to connect and
allow certain logins and direct the to whatever
directory I choose.

Here was the guide I used:
http://www.engardelinux.org/howto/vsftp_howto.html

By editing the passwd and group files (from the
article) you control you can login and what their dftp
directory is.

This requires creating a User in Fedora which can then
login. I recently read a way to prevent local logins,
but I don't remember where and can't find it.

Hope this helps.
-j