Two sessions simultaneously

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 29 17:40:00 UTC 2005

--- "Marcelo Magno T. Sales"
<marcelo.sales at sefaz.pe.gov.br> wrote:

> Em Sáb, 2005-08-27 às 15:15 +0200, Alexander Dalloz
> escreveu:
> > Am Sa, den 27.08.2005 schrieb Paul Smith um 13:38:
> >
> > > Is it possible to have running simultaneously
> two sessions on the same
> > > computer, one of an user and the other one of a
> different user? I can
> > > do this with Mandriva, but I do not know whether
> the same is possible
> > > with FC4.
> >
> > > Paul
> >
> > Run: gdmflexiserver
> >

> Or, if you are using KDE with kdm, open
> /etc/kde/kdm/kdmrc and add the
> following lines in the [General] section:
> StaticServers=:0
> ReserveServers=:1,:2,:3
> ServerVTs=-7
> ConsoleTTYs=tty1,tty2,tty3,tty4,tty5,tty6
>
> This will enable the Switch User feature of kde,
> which will be
> accessible through the K menu or the desktop context
> menu.
>
> []'s
> Marcelo

IN FC4 with Gnome, I found an an applet to allow
switching users. You'll have to add it to each user's
desktop for them to use it. One problem I'm having
with user-switching is that only the first user has
sound.

http://www.nrpms.net/Packages/fedora-4-i386/testing/fast-user-switch-applet.html

I'll probably be trying a more updated version from
the source found on the home page:
http://ignore-your.tv/fusa