newbie kernel update

oldman talbotscott at cox.net
Mon Aug 29 22:00:22 UTC 2005

Sumeet Pal Singh wrote:

>I reebooted the system and now it gives
>[root at spsingh sumeet]# yum update
>Setting up Update Process
>Setting up repositories
>Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: development

    Edit the file /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora-devel.repo.  Find the line
enabled=1 and change it to enabled=0
Ensure that at least the files fedora.repo, fedora-updates.repo and
fedora-extras.repo have the line "enabled=1".
You stated earlier that you had disabled the gpg check in your repos.
This won't cause problems necessarily, but it is a first line defense
and should be left on.  To import the basic keys into RPM (the ones that
work for all of the "fedora.redhat.com" repos), open a terminal and (as
root) run:

rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY*

Scott

P.S.  It is a good idea to keep posting at the end of an email and
deleting portions of the email that no longer apply as required