When will fedora get new a RPM for OpenSSL?

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Aug 29 22:34:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-08-29 at 15:14 -0700, steffen yount wrote:
> I went back and checked my installation.
>
> It claims to be OpenSSL 0.9.f, and its feature set
> matches OpenSSL 0.9.7f, and its feature set does not
> match OpenSSL 0.9.8.
>
> So, I don't think this is a case where the version
> number is out of sync with the package contents.
>
> Which brings be back to my origional question: Will
> Fedora see a new RPM for this releases in the
> near future? When? What's holding the rpm back?
----
past history says that it isn't likely to happen in FC-3 or FC-4.
Updates would include backporting of patches for errata/security issues
but not likely to add new features.

You should probably bugzilla your request to see what the official
response would be because this list would only get you unqualified
opinions such as mine.

Craig