When will fedora get new a RPM for OpenSSL?

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Mon Aug 29 23:58:16 UTC 2005

Am Di, den 30.08.2005 schrieb steffen yount um 0:14:

> It claims to be OpenSSL 0.9.f, and its feature set
> matches OpenSSL 0.9.7f, and its feature set does not
> match OpenSSL 0.9.8.
>
> So, I don't think this is a case where the version
> number is out of sync with the package contents.
>
> Which brings be back to my origional question: Will
> Fedora see a new RPM for this releases in the
> near future? When? What's holding the rpm back?

> -S

As OpenSSL 0.9.8 is a new major release I have doubts it will be
integrated into current Fedora releases by an update, because of
compilation of not few, different distribution software against a
specific older (patched) version. Maybe your requested feature (support
for VIA's padlock hardware encryption) can find it's way into the Fedora
version by a backport patch, but I know much to few about that at all.
The last development branch build from 23th Aug. has version
openssl-0.9.7f-9.

Alexander

Serendipity 01:51:03 up 7 days, 22:34, load average: 0.51, 0.33, 0.34