FC2 and HP LJ 1020 - problem with network printing

Deboo ^ knowledgeful at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 06:07:35 UTC 2005

Hello,
I had to install an HP Laserjet 1020 printer under Linux Fedora Core2. At
first it would print junk, even at the lowest resolution adn even in text
mode,
but using the foomatic modified driver as per on
http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_p...P-LaserJet_1020<http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_printer.cgi?recnum=HP-LaserJet_1020>

Now, using the Zstream printer driver, the printer prints locally but we are
unable to print thru the network. Network printing works fine with the older
1010 printer tho.

When giving a print command from any of the networked (FC2, CUPS running)
linux
machines, the status given is "trying to connect to the print-server"
(print-server being the machine having the 1020 printer locally connected)

Anyone please advise what can be done to enable network printing. Someone
told
me that a patch was available but I couldn't find it. if someone knows about
that, please provide a link.

Thanks and Regards,
Deboo

P.S.: Would upgrading to FC3/4 resolve this problem?

--
Please don't Cc: me, I'm subscribed to the list.