NO ADSL with kernel-smp 2.6.12-1.1376_FC3

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 30 07:06:29 UTC 2005

Antonio Montagnani wrote:
> I cannot connect to my ADSL Internet if I use SMP kernel, while with
> standard 2.6.12-1.1376 kernel on same machine, it works flawlessly.
> The modem works, Ethernet network is on but connection is refused
> Shall I file a bug??

No,

There is no real difference between running a standard kernel or an SMP
one. Bar the fact that SMP will actually use the two processors in your
machine that is. I run SMP myself, and it makes no difference to my
connection running standard or SMP kernel.

I'd look at doing some other diagnostic work before filing a report.

We can't help you for the rest because you don't explain your set up.

Regards,
Ed.