Install message "no driver found"

Philip Prindeville philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Tue Aug 30 19:39:43 UTC 2005

Tony Nelson wrote:

>At 10:14 PM -0600 8/29/05, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>

>>Also wish I knew what the PCI id's were, and which drivers had
>>been assigned to what (that would at least give me an idea of
>>what devices didn't have drivers matched to them).
>>

>I said it before and I'll say it again:
>

>>Another way to check your burns is to read them back into isos, and check
>>the isos.  This doesn't tell your whether the system can read the DVD
>>during the install, but you do find out if the burns were good.

I verified the media:

[root at media ~]# mediacheck /dev/hdc
/dev/hdc:   6f24fafb037209bd160c439285e17a69
Percent complete: 100.0%
100.0
The supported flag value is 0
The media check is complete, the result is: PASS.

It is OK to install from this media.
[root at media sis18x_2.6.9_1.00.00]# cat ~/bin/mediacheck
#!/bin/sh

exec /usr/lib/anaconda-runtime/checkisomd5 --verbose "$@"
[root at media ~]#