Share internet connection/make a small server

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 31 01:04:54 UTC 2005

--- jludwig <wralphie at comcast.net> wrote:

> On Tuesday 30 August 2005 07:06 pm, Antonio Olivares
> wrote:

> MASQUERADE
> snip

> page
> > http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
> Did you add rules for forwarding
> S.A
> iptables -A FORWARD -i eth0 -m state --state
> ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT

I did not do it that way because I just followed the
previous directions to use
# iptables -A POSTROUTING -o eth0 -j MASQUERADE

Apparently the server is working, but the windows 98
machine does not connect to internet from it.  I will
test tomorrow with a live cd like DSL/Feather
Linux/Slax to check again.  The eth0 device gets dhcp
from the server according to its MAC address and the
eth1 is the one that should be issuing the dhcp
addresses at random and I wonder if the previous
command should be
# iptables -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE

In the case that it does not work, I will send
/etc/dhcpd.conf, and other information that is needed.

> --

Kind Regards,

Antonio