A really clean text editor

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Aug 31 03:39:06 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 09:04 +0700, Fajar Priyanto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I run a website at http://linux2.arinet.org. Usually I type the article in a
> text editor first, and then copy paste it into the website.
>
> In MS Winblowzland I use Editplus to type the article and when I paste it into
> the website, the text runs smoothly according to the format in the website.
>
> Now, I use kate, kwrite, but it seems that when I paste it into the website,
> it retains the format from kate/kwrite. For example, the dynamic wrap doesnt
> work, so if I have a long sentence, the website will display it as 1 (one)
> line instead of wrapping it according to the page width.
>
> When I view the HTML source, it retains the format from kate/kwrite, because
> it's said something like "made with Kate"
>
> Seems like a compatibility issue.
> Is there anything I can do about it? Is there any a really clean text editor?
> Thanks.
----
I don't know anything about editplus on Windows.

What you are describing is what happens when you have a really clean
text editor - i.e. a text editor that doesn't artificially add carriage
returns or line feeds.

What you want is a word processor that creates html pages - try
openoffice.

You might want to look at html editing programs like bluefish and nvu.

Craig