Update DNS from DHCP problem

Dusan Djordjevic dj.dule.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 06:39:05 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 30 August 2005 17:25, Tim wrote:
> I do something similar on Red Hat 9.0 Linux.  I had to add specific zone
> details to the dhcpd.conf file (as per the manual), with a common
> rndc.key file being used between the DNS and DHCP servers.  Older
> versions (of the servers) would allow transfers from predetermined IPs,
> later versions insisted on using a keyfile.

I changed my config files, but still the same. Here are relevant parts:

zone "pmsl.sd" {
        type master;
        file "pmsl.sd.zone";
        allow-update { key "rndckey"; };
        allow-transfer { lan; };
        notify yes;

};
zone "212.29.158.in-addr.arpa" {
        type master;
        file "212.29.158.in-addr.arpa.zone";
        allow-update { key "rndckey"; };
        allow-transfer { lan; };
        notify yes;
};

dhcpd.conf:
zone pmsl.com {
        primary 158.29.212.26;
        key rndckey;
}

zone 212.29.158.in-addr.arpa. {
        primary 158.29.212.26;
        key rndckey;
}

Of course, generated key and put the same key in both config files using key
{}, but still the same. Still I have the same error.

Any more ideas ?

--
Dusan Djordjevic
Senior Linux Consultant/Project Manager