FC4 - Scanning with the hp psc 750

Roger Grosswiler roger at gwch.net
Wed Aug 31 10:18:55 UTC 2005

>>>Check 'rpm -ql hplip' did you try "/etc/init.d/hplip [re]start" then
>>>"/etc/init.d/cups restart"
>>>
>>>   david
>>>
>>>--
>>>

>> ah, and even those files still are not there :-/
>>
>> Roger
>>
> I tried my scanner (PSC-2110) and the files you mention are not in the
> system,running Gimp or HP Device Manager cannot connect to Xsane,running
> hp-probe -busb shows the URI for this device and hp-check shows required
> deps. Will try some more and I'll post anything positive.
>
>       david
>
> --

Hey David,
as i:

[root at morpheus ~]# hp-probe -b usb

   Device URI                           Model
   -----------------------------------  ----------
   hp:/usb/PSC_750?serial=HU22IDT1ZHWB  HP PSC_750

[root at morpheus ~]# hp-check

 HP Linux Imaging and Printing System (ver. 0.9.4)
 Dependency/Version Check Utility ver. 0.1

 Copyright (c) 2003-5 Hewlett-Packard Development Company, LP
 This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
 This is free software, and you are welcome to distribute it
 under certain conditions. See COPYING file for more details.

 Checking Python version...
 --> Version 2.4.1 installed.
 --> OK
 Checking for SIP...