NO ADSL with kernel-smp 2.6.12-1.1376_FC3

Antonio Montagnani anto.montagnani at virgilio.it
Wed Aug 31 13:00:22 UTC 2005

Edward Dekkers said the following on 31/08/2005 14:50:
> Antonio Montagnani wrote:
>

>> it seems that I can't ping the Ethernet modem when using SMP
>> kernel(destination unreachable), if I connet to ist internal webpage I
>> get a message of no routing.
>> I have iptables running: and everything is o.k on standard kernel!!!
>> What is happening???
>>

> I've asked you before and I'll ask you again.
>
> I CANNOT help if you do not provide this.
>
> For starters:
>
> what is the output of ifconfig?
>
> Compare the output of ifconfig with the normal, then the smp kernel,
> compare the differences if any.
>
> Also, I'm going on holidays tomorrow to the United States. You really
> may want to make sure this post goes to the list, not directly to me, as
> I will not be near e-mail for a while.
>
> Regards,
> Ed.
Ed,

it seems that you have missed some post on the list. Please check as
output of ifconfig was posted yesterday.
Check also messages by Bob Chiodini that found some differences between
standard and SMP in var/log/messages.
Maybe that they are not yet on the list due to some lag in publishing...

Tnx

--
  Antonio
Mail by Thunderbird 1.0.6 - Websurfing by Firefox 1.0.6