PHP/GD/MySql

James Thorpe james at az.hopto.org
Wed Aug 31 13:29:42 UTC 2005

Joe Orton wrote:

>On Wed, Aug 31, 2005 at 01:09:57PM +0100, James Thorpe wrote:
>

>>>As Paul said it should work once you have the php-mysql and php-gd
>>>packages installed.
>>>
>>>Does "php -m" show these modules are loaded, from the command line?
>>>

>>No - and I just noticed that phpinfo() contains in the config command
>>section: '--without-mysql' '--without-gd'
>>

>That's not relevant.
>

>>but a bit further down in the addtional ini files parsed:
>>/etc/php.d/gd.ini, /etc/php.d/ldap.ini, /etc/php.d/mysql.ini,
>>/etc/php.d/mysqli.ini
>>

>If mysql.ini and gd.ini are parsed then there is some other problem with
>your system.
>
>Please do:
>
>  # strace -eopen -o php.trace php -m > php.output
>
>and send in as attachments the php.trace and php.output files produced.
>
>joe

[root at az james]# strace -eopen -o php.trace php -m > php.output
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/gd.so' - /usr/lib/php4/gd.so: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/ldap.so' - /usr/lib/php4/ldap.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/mysql.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mysql.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/lib/php4/mysqli.so' - /usr/lib/php4/mysqli.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

James.