OT: DNS Failover

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 16:58:28 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:50, Mike McGrath wrote:

> Please don't post HTML to the list, and this doesn't even come close to
> what I'm looking to do.  I know how master and slave DNS works, I'm less
> concerned about the actual DNS server and more concerned about where the
> DNS address is pointing to.

Everywhere you can specify one dns server you should be able to specify
more than one.  Some things will slow down if they have to wait for
a timeout, but if this is an issue you can run a caching nameserver
on each local host - if it needs to pick up non-public zones, use
the 'forwarders' directive to make it pass requests though your
internal servers.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com