ATI Livna driver package

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Aug 31 18:25:00 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 31 August 2005 1:56 pm, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> ...works fine.  I rechecked here and everything works as expected.
> Probably something is wrong on your machine, but I don't have an idea
> what. Sorry.

Yes, it's kind of hard to diagnose at a distance. In any event, to just add to
the record:
I have updated my machine at the office just now, and if I step through the
boot, I get the message "Checking for kernel-module..." or whatever those
words are, and it returns an "Ok" - in all other respects, the behavior of
the two machines is identical. The drivers seem to be running, the ATI GUI's
controls function, and my 3D seems to good. The only difference now is that
the machine at home doesn't return the "Checking for kernel-module..."
message - is it possible I've inadvertently changed something in your script?
I guess I should compare the two scripts, the one from my home machine, and
the one on the office box, and see if they're the same.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA