New D_BUS download

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Wed Aug 31 20:12:50 UTC 2005

Hi;

Just updated D-BUS using yum.  Now my evolution doesn't work and
evolution's mailing list is down while they move to gnome facilities.

I had evolution set up so that in my user2 I could su user1 and run
evolution from there.  The why and the wherefore of that arrangement is
a long story.  Nonetheless, it worked successfully for me for 6 weeks
but now I get the following error message:

Failed to connect to the D-BUS daemon: No reply wi thin specified time
4943: arguments to dbus_connection_get_data() were  incorrect, assertion
"connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 4478.
This is normally a bug in some application using t he D-BUS library.
4943: arguments to dbus_connection_set_data() were  incorrect, assertion
"connection != NULL" failed in file dbus-connection.c line 4442.
This is normally a bug in some application using t he D-BUS library.

** ERROR **: Not enough memory to set up DBusConne ction for use with
GLib
aborting...

I just want to work in user2 and get the email, tasks, contacts and
calendar of user1.  I am both.

Now what?

Regards Bill