Gnome Pilot/Evolution crash

Paul Lemmons paul.lemmons at tmcaz.com
Wed Aug 31 20:37:49 UTC 2005

This may be off topic. I am not sure.

I am using Evolution as my email client. I am using the exchange
connector (there is room for improvement but it works). The next step
for me is to get my Pilot (Clie actually) to synch with Evolution. I am
not having any luck. I am hoping that someone else has.

Scenario:
  1. Open Evolution
  2. Select Pilot Settings from Tools
  3. Gnome-Pilot opens up
  4. Leave name as "Cradle"
      Leave port as /dev/pilot
      Leave speed at 57600
      Change connection to USB
  5. Forward->
  6. Yes, I have used sync... is selected
  7. Forward->
  8. Press "HotSynch" button
  9. ERROR The Application "gpilotd" has quit unexpectedly ... blah blah
blah.

I have started gpilotd from the command line and it does not appear to
be communicating with it. It starts without error and keeps running with
no messages generated by the error. It is my thought that the
gnome-pilot configuration program is not able to talk to the daemon. I
am guessing, though.

Environment:
   FC4 2.6.12
   Evolution 2.2.3