vulnerability of Linux

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Thu Dec 1 09:10:58 UTC 2005

Matthew Miller wrote:

>>Fortunately, that bit my laptop.
>>Oh, and the first fixed one wasn't, I'm not sure about the second and
>>about then I lost interest in new kernels for a few months.
>

> Luckily the root exploit holes in those kernels weren't being widely
> exploited in the wild, or you might have been making that car ride. :)

Fedora is not for real work. Fedora is a rolling beta:-)

If it matters, get something more stable wrt changes.

Note, I do use Fedora, but not on servers and not where a breakage matters.

Wrt those serious folk on Nahant, one of them was mumbling the other day
about 10,000 machines.

You do not roll out updates to 10,000 machines if there is any
likelihood of something breaking. You do it carefully and infrequently.

--

Cheers
John

-- spambait