seek pointer to howto install disk drivers during installation

Bob Kryger bobk at panix.com
Thu Dec 1 15:12:33 UTC 2005

supermicro does have binary only drivers for FC3 and FC4 on their FTP
server. Reportedly written by Adaptec.  I looked in the BIOS to turn off
the HostRAID, but there is no such option.

Yelling at Adaptec does not help my issue, although it would be
cathartic. I expect that I'll be more careful about the systems we by in
the future. No more of this brand/device.

So anybody have a howto on the procedure?  I think I've got it now, and
will be working on it today, but corroboration would be nice. either way
I'll put a page together myself, once I figure it out.

Thanks
Bob