KsCD default behavior - fixed

Gerhard Magnus magnus at agora.rdrop.com
Fri Dec 2 20:45:53 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-12-02 at 18:11 +0000, Andy Green wrote:
> Gerhard Magnus wrote:
> > This does the trick in gnome -- but has no effect on the default loading
> > of KsCD in KDE.  It's strange how doing something this simple should
> > turn out to be so obscure....
>
> It's not so obscure...
> Examine what is inside
> ~/.kde/Autostart/

Thank you!  Inside ~/.kde/Autostart/ is the program Autorun.desktop that
describes itself as "Autorun - the CD-ROM mounter for the lazy user".
The Properties -> Applications tab offers all sorts of options.

Is it safe to assume that in Linux there are plenty of high-level
settings like this (here, for KDE) which aren't duplicated in some
program with a GUI?  As a long-time Windows user I'm not accustomed to
looking beyond the next menu...

Jerry