yum update problem FC4

José Matos jaomatos at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 21:06:23 UTC 2005

On 02/12/05, Yanick Quirion <YQuirion at tranzyme.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem when I want to run yum update on my fedora core 4 box.
> I'm getting the following error:
>
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: python-abi = 2.3 for package:
> python-elementtree
> --> Processing Dependency: perl(String::CRC32) for package: lftp
> --> Processing Dependency: libreadline.so.4 for package: lftp
> --> Restarting Dependency Resolution with new changes.
> --> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
> ---> Package compat-readline43.i386 0:4.3-2 set to be updated
> ---> Package perl-String-CRC32.i386 0:1.3-1.1.fc3.rf set to be updated
> --> Running transaction check
> --> Processing Dependency: python-abi = 2.3 for package:
> python-elementtree
> --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> Error: Missing Dependency: python-abi = 2.3 is needed by package
> python-elementtree
>
> I search the web for package python-abi but I was unable to find it,
> even on rpmfind.net.
>
> As temporary work around I excluded all python* packages but this is not
> a good solution.
>
> Is somebody can help me with this?

  Do you have base as one of the repositories?

  python-abi=2.3 was provided by python 2.3 (or some other package, it
is irrelevant here) but FC4 has python 2.4, so clearly that package
will not work in FC4.

  python-elementtree is available both in FC4 base or in rpmforge. You
should enable at least the base repository.

> Regards,
> Yanick
>

> --

Zé