Help in setting up one http server for two different domains

CodeHeads ch at code-heads.com
Sat Dec 3 01:29:25 UTC 2005

Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Hello,  I've got a server that is currently serving one website with a
> registered domain and dns.  I would like to use the same server to also
> serve another domain.  Reading about name-based virtual hosting at
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/1.3/vhosts/name-based.html I can't seem to
> get the second url to load- I keep getting the same first domain's
> webpage.  The path for the first domain is from /var/www/html.  The path
> for the second domain is set right now to  /var/www/html/seconddomain...
>
> So anywhoooo...  Comments???
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim

This is how I would do it.
Main domain would be setup at /var/www/html/firstdomain
and the second /var/www/html/seconddomain

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin email at email.com
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/firstdomain
	ServerName firstdomain.com
	ServerAlias www.firstdomain.com
	ErrorLog logs/firstdomain-error_log
	CustomLog logs/firstdomain-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
	ServerAdmin email at email.com
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/seconddomain
	ServerName seconddomain.com
	ServerAlias www.firstdomain.com
	ErrorLog logs/seconddomain-error_log
	CustomLog logs/seconddomain-access_log common
</VirtualHost>

Hope this helps

~WILL~