(Re-)enabling up2date

Timothe Litt litt at acm.org
Sat Dec 3 13:58:30 UTC 2005

In a fit of stupidity, I managed to get up2date
unsubscribed from its "channel".  (I am unable
to reconstruct exactly how I got here; it involved
thinking that getting a Red Hat Network managemente
account was a good idea; then discovering that
getting it to do anything was a for-fee service.)

I'm running Fedore Core 3; here is what happens:

Launch up2date; enter root password; Get "This is Red
Hat Update Agent, it will assist you to update your
Red Hat Enterprise system with the latest software..."
Click forward
	"The system may not be updated until it is associated
with a channel."

How, exactly, do I do that?  I've tried to navigate the
config files & google, but get hopelessly lost.

The up2date icon & alert notification tool window tells me
that there are lots of updates to be had.  So it would seem
to be a partial misconfiguration...

On a whim, I tried re-installing (as an update!) from DVD;
unsurprsingly, his didn't correct my mistake.

Thanks in advance.