Package Install Failure - Bad GPG Key?

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 22:52:34 UTC 2005

On 12/3/05, Jeremy Thompson <jeremy.a.thompson+fedoralist at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>   I am trying to install some packages onto my FC4 box.  Specifically I am
> following a mythtv install guide found here:
>
>  http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php
>
> I followed all the commandes (cut/pasted most) and executed the myth-tv
> install command :
>
> "yum install mythtv-suite"
>
> It checked dependencies and commenced downloading.
>
> Then it said it didn't have one of the GPG keys and it need to download it.
> I clicked "y" and got the following -
>
> ------------------------------
> -----
> warning: rpmts_HdrFromFdno: Header V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID db42a60e
> Public key for perl-XML-SAX-0.12-7.noarch.rpm is not installed
> Retrieving GPG key from
> file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> GPG key at file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora
> (0x4F2A6FD2) is
> already installed
>

> The GPG keys listed for the "Fedora Core 4 - i386 - Base" repository are
> already installed but they are not correct for this package.
> Check that the correct key URLs are configured for this repository.
> -----------------------------
>
> Uh, not sure what to do now.  I tried 'yum install' again, but got the same
> thing.
>
> Thank you,
>
> JT

Here's the contents of my /etc/yum.repos.d/fedora.repo file:

[base]
name=Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch - Base
#baseurl=http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#       http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/$releasever/$basearch/os/
#       ftp://limestone.uoregon.edu/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/os/
mirrorlist=http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/fedora-core-$releasever
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=file:///etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-fedora

If your's is similar you should have no problem installing
perl-XML-SAX-0.12-7 using

yum install perl-XML-SAX