Question of retrieving data from a mirrored drive.

Michael Duffy cosgrach at tsoft.com
Mon Dec 5 23:02:58 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I've a bit of a problem.  I need to get the data off of mirrored drive
(2nd) it was controlled via a software array drive from redhat, with an
ext2 file system.  I've tried to mount it on to several machines of
various flavors: FreeBSD 5, FreeBSD6, Windblows, and Redhat 4.  None of
them worked.  Any ideas on this?

In the Redhat 4 'message' log, I see that it recognised the drive as a
mirror and went looking for it's other half.  If could not, and then
seemingly dis-connected the drive.  It as assigned the name hdc, hdc1,
hdc2, hdc3, and hdc4.  None of these devices would mount.

Mirroring does not seen to be of much use if I can't retrieve the data.

Thanks in advance.

Michael