Subnets problem

Tony pthagonal at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 13:58:54 UTC 2005

On 12/6/05, Andy Pieters <mailings at vlaamse-kern.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday 06 December 2005 13:34, Jeff Vian wrote:
> > No.  The default netmask for anything in the 192.168.X.X range is
> > 255.255.255.0.  Those are class C net spaces.
> >

> Yeah sorry about that that's just me typing it wrong in this email.
>
> We actually used the 255.255.255.0 subnet.
>
> Is there anyway to find out what subnet the other box is on?

Either arpwatch or ethereal running on a FC box which can see all network
traffic generated by your problem box may give you some big hints - try to
use a network hub (rather than a switch) to plug them together so you really
see all traffic. There may be some obvious traffic generated as the problem
box powers up.

--
Cheers,

Tony