broadcom 43xx reversed engineered

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Dec 6 16:33:26 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 17:12 +0100, Patrick wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 08:01 -0800, Josh Coffman wrote:
> >
> > --- Patrick <fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> > > Looks quite interesting. Thanks for the info.
> > > Any idea which svn command I have to use to checkout
> > > the
> > > bcm43xx trunk? I would like to try it out and if it
> > > works
> > > make an rpm.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Patrick
> > >

> > development at:
> > http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
> > svn command is on there.
> > haven't tried it yet myself.
>
> Doh, thanks. That was the easy part. The driver needs the softmac
> solution from http://softmac.sipsolutions.net/ Guess it won't be a
> quick make; make install...

For the brave that want to try it. You can get a snapshot of softmac at
ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/bcm43xx/snapshots/
It did not build for me on FC4 x86_64 though. In the bcm43xx driver
directory you have to edit the linux version around line 857 if your
kernel uses 2.6.15 kernel source but is called 2.6.14 as is the case on
e.g. FC5t1 kernels (and perhaps others).
Please let the list know if you succeed and how you made it work.

Regards,
Patrick