broadcom 43xx reversed engineered

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 6 17:00:53 UTC 2005

--- Patrick <fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 17:12 +0100, Patrick wrote:
> > On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 08:01 -0800, Josh Coffman
> wrote:

> Coffman
> this:

> wireless
> have

> checkout
> if it

> > > development at:
> > > http://bcm43xx.berlios.de/
> > > svn command is on there.
> > > haven't tried it yet myself.
> >
> > Doh, thanks. That was the easy part. The driver
> needs the softmac
> > solution from http://softmac.sipsolutions.net/
> Guess it won't be a
> > quick make; make install...
>
> For the brave that want to try it. You can get a
> snapshot of softmac at
> ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/bcm43xx/snapshots/
> It did not build for me on FC4 x86_64 though. In the
> bcm43xx driver
> directory you have to edit the linux version around
> line 857 if your
> kernel uses 2.6.15 kernel source but is called
> 2.6.14 as is the case on
> e.g. FC5t1 kernels (and perhaps others).
> Please let the list know if you succeed and how you
> made it work.
>
> Regards,
> Patrick

I might be able to stumble onto how to attempt
building; like a blind squirrel, I occasionally find a
nut... Anyway, it would help if you could post a short
howto or where to start.

I create a dir for this, called bcm43xx. then I cd'd
into it and ran svn to get the bcm43xx source which
downloaded to a folder called 'trunk'. Then I used th
hg command to get the softmac in the same folder and
it downloaded to a folder called 'source'.

I'm running fc4 32 bit on an amd xp 1700+ and kernel
2.6.14-1.1644_FC4.

Shin zen ni rei
-j
Registered Linux user number 403109