HP 870 Cse + HPIJS 2.14 Printer Driver does not support two-sided print

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 6 18:17:22 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 01:28, Mike McCarty wrote:

>>>If you print postscript to a file, you should be able to
>>>use psselect with -o and -e to extract the odd/even pages
>>>so you can print one, flip the stack and print the other.
>>
>>Nice tip. I am not familiar with psselect. I'll look into
>>that. It would be nice if I could select a queue option
>>for it, though, like with Windows, and not have to do
>>the "print to file, run two manual print jobs, delete file"
>>stuff.
>

> You can script anything you want in a queue, but
> there is no relationship between the queue and your
> terminal.  What should happen if someone else sends
> a job while you have the flipped stack in the printer?

Thre isn't anyone else to do that. I have three (3) users who
can actually log on to my system: root, jmccarty, and jjennings. The
first I presume you know about, the second is me, and the
third is a guy who logs in to do ftp when I am at his site,
with a direct ethernet connection. He hasn't logged in since
about last March. And my contract with his company ended in August,
so he won't ever be logging in again, almost surely. I've
considered deleting his user. I use a firewalled router
between my machine and my DSL modem, which has stealthed
all ports except for the email challenge port, which is
closed.

(There are other users, like games, and rpm etc, but login
is blocked.)

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.