HP 870 Cse + HPIJS 2.14 Printer Driver does not support two-sided print

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 19:34:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 13:10, Mike McCarty wrote:

> > Consider it a theoretical question then.  What should a
> > multiuser queuing system do when certain things have to
> > be done between certain jobs?   I haven't played with
>
> IMO, this is best handled by the system *before* it hits
> the queue. I've used systems which had what one might call
> meta-queues. One queued output to a meta-queue, and the system
> picked which printer to use, and would inform the user
> where to get the output. Then the job would get queued to the
> actual print queue. With this type of setup, one could
> queue to the meta-queue, which would then, after submitting
> the print, put a logical lock on the actual queue until
> all the print job was complete.

You can do the filtering wherever you want and the system can
choose any printer in a class for you, but the problem here
is that you need human intervention in the middle of a job
that no longer has a connection to a human.  You need a way
to keep the even pages from printing until the paper is
physically ready.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com