VOB to a playable DVD

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 6 21:30:23 UTC 2005

On 12/6/05, Paul Smith <phhs80 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > <dvdauthor>
> > >     <vmgm />
> > >     <titleset>
> > >         <titles>
> > >             <pgc>
> > >                 <vob file="video.mpg" />
> > >             </pgc>
> > >         </titles>
> > >     </titleset>
> > > </dvdauthor>
> > >
> > > There's the XML file that you need. Replace "video.mpg" with your VOB. That's
> > > a whopping 10 lines. ;)
> >
> > It works regarding generating a video DVD, Patrick, but still getting
> > a non-stop video DVD (on Kaffeine). I played the VOB file on Kaffeine
> > and at the end, it correctly stops. Therefore, the problem seems to be
> > caused by dvdauthor.
>
> I am going to try the dvdauthor mailing list, to see whether its
> developers have some workaround.
>
> Paul

Keep us posted. I feel that this is on-topic enough. If you disagree,
then could you email me personally with what you find? I intend to do
some DVD authoring in the near future. Also, please make mention of
which burner you use. I am in the market for one now.

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/what_is_hdtv.html