FC3/FC4 on 64-bit laptops

Patrick fedora at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Wed Dec 7 01:04:08 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-06 at 15:55 -0800, Joel Jaeggli wrote:
> Not sure what the point of running a 64bit distro on a laptop is at the
> moment, it's pretty hard to put 4GB of ram in one...

Sheer coolness :)

I have an Acer Ferrari 4000 (the new black carbon one). Pretty fast, big
disk, dvd+/-rw, good screen and a fast graphics card (ATI X700). Runs
FC4 x86_64 without too much hassle. The acpi DSDT fix for the battery in
the kernel is some work and unfortunately required because the acpi
releases in new kernels just don't seem to pickup the fix. Other than
that nothing that can not be solved with a quick google.

Regards,
Patrick