Trouble with graphics mode

Edward Dekkers edward at tripled.iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 7 05:48:37 UTC 2005

Hans, David M wrote:
>    I'm having trouble getting FC4 to install or run in graphics mode. I
> have a plain jane SpaceWalker MK20N mainboard with onboard VIA Tech
> graphics. The install seems to recgonize the graphics chip and monitor
> (NEC MutiSync E1100+) correctly. I had RH9 on this combo with no problem
> ( no I didn't keep the config files). Ubuntu and Knoppix have no
> problems with graphics mode.
>    I've searched the archives and can't seem to find a solution.
> Thanks for the help.
> Dave Hans

So is it installed now? You don't mention.

You may need to install in text mode then fix it later if you haven't
installed yet.

Regards,
Ed.

P.S. It may be different where you are but "SpaceWalker" is certainly
not plain jane here - never heard of it, and I was also not aware VIA
did graphics chips - although I could be wrong. Are you sure VIA does
the graphics?