Mount an ntfs filesystem

Amadeus W. M. amadeus84 at cablespeed.com
Wed Dec 7 13:53:21 UTC 2005

On Tue, 06 Dec 2005 18:42:26 +0000, Chris Norman wrote:

> Hi people who read my last post (about disk recovery) will be going
> "hasn't he learned?":D.
>

> I need to mount a friend's ntfs drive.
>

> When I used the command mount -t ntfs /dev/hda2 /media/ntfs it said
> "unrecognized file system NTFS", which I took to be "you're typing
> rubbish". But when I just did mount /dev/hda2 /media/ntfs, it came out
> with the same thing.
>

> Do I need any libraries to make it work with NTFS?

First of all, don't post in HTML.

If you have the livna repository enabled (you really should!), the
simplest thing is

yum install kernel-module-ntfs

To enable the livna repository, in /etc/yum.repos.d create a file called
livna.repo containing the following:

[livna]
name=Livna.org Fedora Compatible Packages
baseurl=http://rpm.livna.org/fedora/$releasever/$basearch/RPMS.lvn
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1
gpgkey=http://rpm.livna.org/RPM-LIVNA-GPG-KEY