Problem with Apache on FC3(2nd Time Post)

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Dec 7 14:42:18 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 07.12.2005 schrieb Ankush Grover um 5:58:

No HTML postings please, really.

> hey friends,
>
>  I was trying to configure postfix with starttls and was also
> configuring squirrelmail.
> I added few lines for squirrelmail to redirecting the traffic from
> port 80 to port 443.The port redirection is working properly but now I
> am not able view some of the directories like isoqlog and few other
> directories.
>
> I get this message when I try to view isoqlog or  few other
> directories. Softwares like webmin are working properly means I can
> use them through browser.
>
> Forbidden
> You don't have permission to access /isoqlog on this server.
>
> Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to
> use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

> SELinux and IPTables are disabled on this sytem.
>
> Lines added in the httpd.conf for port redirection.
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>        ServerName localhost
>         DocumentRoot /var/www/html
>         RewriteEngine   on
>         RewriteCond     %{SERVER_PORT} ^80$
>         RewriteRule     ^/webmail(.*)$ https://192.168.1.68/webmail$1
> [L,R]
>         RewriteLog      "/var/log/httpd/rewrite.log"
>         RewriteLogLevel 4
> </VirtualHost>

Why a virtual host for that?

> Moreover I am getting this in the httpd/error.log
>
> [Tue Dec 06 18:55:47 2005] [error] [client 192.168.1.68]
> (13)Permission denied: access to /index.html denied
>
> Even after disabling squirrelmail and port redirection in httpd.conf
> the problem persists.

> Ankush Grover

The problem could be SELinux caused. Please see the Apache SELinux FAQ
for details. Of course filesystem permissions matter too: the user
apache must be able to read the desired web content.

Alexander

Serendipity 15:39:20 up 2 days, 20:16, load average: 0.10, 0.11, 0.09