Help: WPC54Gv2 not using ndiswrapper

Subs subs at hellish.org
Wed Dec 7 16:07:43 UTC 2005

I realize i'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but I want to believe
that I'm not as dumb as a sack of nickles.
In the absence of substance, allow me to cut right to the jargon

Installed FC4 with Kernel 2.6.14.3. I have a Linksys WPC54Gv2 which works
great with ndiswrapper. (Yay for > 4K Stacks) I want to use Kismet but it
doesn't support ndiswrapper - great.'

After searching high and low I ran across some [archive] forum
(https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-August/msg03945.html)
where a gentleman was able to get his WPC54G WiFi card to work.

#lspci
09:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments ACX 111 54Mbps Wireless
Interface
#lspci -n
09:00.0 Class 0280: 104c:9066

Attempting to follow his steps and the links provided, I did a little due
diligence, and thought I found a potential solution but later got
confused. I've been bouncing between the following four sites for guidance
on getting my card to work:
http://195.66.192.167/linux/acx_patches/acx_fw/acx111_xterasys_xn2522g/fw3/
http://www.houseofcraig.net/acx100_howto.php
http://acx100.sourceforge.net/
http://lisas.de/~andi/acx100/

I read most of the documentation on the very last page mentioned above but
stopped after getting down to the 'USAGE HINTS' area as I got a little
confused when it came to the 'FIRMWARE INSTALLTION' section. Here I'll
detail what I did, and hopefully someone can nudge me in the correct
direction:

copied my FwRad17.bin to firmware/ as TIACX111.BIN
ran 'make inject KSRC=/path/to/kernel/src' which appeared to run ok
["Process successfully completed. Enjoy it!"]

After that I could not figure out where to go.

FYI the binary files that came with the drivers:
Fw1130.bin
FwRad16.bin
FwRad17.bin
radio16.bin
radio17.bin

I'm also concerned that I did not put the correct .bin files in the
correct location(s[?]).

I am no looking to be spoonfed - I would just like a little advice (maybe
more documentation) and a thumbs up/thumbs down as to what I did and a
nudge in the correct direction.

Thanks.

Julius