With Fedora Core 4 ---- how to access CD during post installation

jing han jing_han_66 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 16:19:05 UTC 2005

Hi Mogens,

Thank you so much for your help. With your suggestion
I can mount CD to /dev/hda and copy files to hard
drive successfully.

I'm new to Fedora Core 4. Today another post
installation problem bothers me a lot.

In our ks.cfg file, we create an user account with
/usr/bin/useradd user

Then we try to use expect utility to create password
for user account, as follows:

echo '#!/usr/bin/expect' > passwd.expect
echo 'set user [lindex $argv 0]' >> passwd.expect
echo 'set newpass [lindex $argv 1]' >> passwd.expect
echo 'spawn /usr/bin/passwd $user' >> passwd.expect
echo 'expect word:' >> passwd.expect
echo 'sleep 1' >> passwd.expect
echo 'send $newpass\r' >> passwd.expect
echo 'expect word:' >> passwd.expect
echo 'sleep 1' >> passwd.expect
echo 'send $newpass\r' >> passwd.expect
echo 'expect success:' >> passwd.expect

chmod a+x passwd.expect
./passwd.expect user 12345

After reboot, I found user account is created, but
password for user account is not created, which means
expect utility doesn't work properly during post
installation.

We install database during post installation, which is
successful under RedHat9.0. But with Fedora Core 4, I
found

  rm -Rf /var/nm2 >/dev/null 2>/dev/null
  mkdir /var/nm2
  chmod -R 700 /var/nm2
  chown -R postgres:postgres /var/nm2
  su -l postgres -c "initdb -D /var/nm2"

su -l postgres -c "initdb -D /var/nm2" doesn't work
during post installation.

What Can I do to make them work during Fedora Core 4
post installation?

Thank you again for your help.

jing

#