Cups Troubles

Tod Thomas tod at madtoon.net
Thu Dec 8 16:28:23 UTC 2005

I am trying to print from FC4 client to WinXP workstation with a share
defined to an Epson Stylus Photo RX600 printer.  I am trying to connect
with a user account defined on the XP box.

In the CUPs web GUI when it comes time to configure the Device URI I'm
specifying smb://user:password/ipaddress/sharename.  This should work,
in fact I have validated the connectivity to the XP box with smbclient.
  The problem is I have special characters in the password, particularly
the '@' symbol.  I have a feeling that is throwing CUPs off.  I tried
making the change directly to printers.conf but that didn't make a
difference.

Can anybody provide a sample, maybe I am typing it wrong in the
printers.conf file?  Any hints would be appreciated.  I'm using cups
v1.1.23 which came with my initial FC4 installation.

Thanks - Tod