Upgrading / Clean Install / Saving Info.

Christian Motta chris at agweb.net
Thu Dec 8 20:07:30 UTC 2005

I just had to move a failing fc4 box to a new fc4 box - do not reinstall
w/ out these directories completely backed up

/etc
/var
/home

because you are going from fc1 to fc4 i wouldn't just overwrite /etc i
would check the config files for major changed and replace or edit the
config file.

also check /usr/local for anything

dhcp and iptables should be the same from fc1 to fc4 for the most part.

-chris