Zombie processes Firefox and Mozilla

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Fri Dec 9 18:06:42 UTC 2005

Chasecreek Systemhouse schrieb:
> On 12/9/05, Markus Huber <humarfedoralists at yahoo.de> wrote:
>

>>[markus at fc4 ~]$ ps -ux
>>
>>USER       PID %CPU %MEM    VSZ   RSS TTY      STAT START   TIME COMMAND
>>
>>markus    4525  1.6  6.8 140420 70672 ?        Rl   14:08   4:26
>>/usr/lib/mozilla-1.7.12/mozilla-bin
>

> You could have done an "su - -c lsof" command and grep'ed to see if
> any of the mozilla files were on the bad drive.  If it continues, back
> out the mozilla/firefox software and re-install just those rpms.

Theoretically there should not have been any of mozilla/firefox files on
the bad drive. The partitions were only mounted on /mnt/... and
softlinked into the home directory. I have restored all the data from
the backups and it works just as it did. All the dot-files of my home
directory are on a different drive, and so are the mozilla/firefox
system files.

Thank you
Markus Huber