OT: Gmail and reading this list

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sat Dec 10 14:37:48 UTC 2005

While this is not an FC4 issue, I wonder if anyone else has this issue, and
has found the solution. When I use my Gmail subscription, messages I send to
the list are not sent back to me. I remember finding a page on Gmail
explaining that this was a 'feature' - for me, it's a pain. I forward my mail
through Gmail, and actually receive it at my other account. If I don't get
back my own posts, it disrupts thread reading. I can use Kmail settings to
preserve my sent messages in the relevant folder, but, that only keeps my
post on the machine I sent it from. I read my mail on multiple machines. Is
there a setting somewhere to change this behavior? I can no longer find the
page on Gmail that describes this behavior, but as near as I can remember, it
said it would detect my own posts being returned from mail-lists and filter
them out to reduce traffic or mailbox congestion, or something to that
effect. It makes using Gmail for lists like this a real pain...
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA