Key Codes for setkeycodes

Mostafa Z. Afgani mostafa.afgani at world.iu-bremen.de
Mon Dec 12 23:14:17 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 12/13/05, Mike McCarty <mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>>Dotan Cohen wrote:
>>
>>[that he wanted to do some keycode stuff]
>>
>>You might want to use xev.
>>
>>Mike
>

> Thanks, Mike, but Xev seems to be more of a development tool than an
> application for assigning to a key permanent values. Word of caution
> to those who may go googling for Xev: there is a blonde who goes by
> that name, who appears on twice as many websites as the application
> Xev, and is a lot more interesting to study...

Here's what I did to get my A4tech KBS-26 working on Gnome:

http://darkknight9.blogspot.com/2005/08/custom-keybinding-gnome.html

The steps leading up to assigning KeySyms should be needed for KDE as
well .. but I don't know what you can use on KDE to assign commands to
KeySyms. I also have the problem that the scroller is recognized as a
single keypress event -- I don't know of any solution to that problem as
yet.

> Dotan
> http://technology-sleuth.com/short_answer/what_are_the_advantages_of_lcd_monitors.html

HTH,