Sendmail

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 15:00:42 UTC 2005

On 12/13/05, Chris Norman <cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk> wrote:

> I get:
> [root at bob ~]# make -C /etc/mail
> make: Entering directory `/etc/mail'
> make: Nothing to be done for `all'.
> make: Leaving directory `/etc/mail'
> [root at bob ~]#
> Is that all the arguments I need to pass to make?rs,

Yes, the fact that nothing needs to be done means that either you
already made the change or that you didn't save your change to the
sendmail.mc file prior to running the make command.

It may mean you don't have the sendmail-cf package installed, which is
required for that make command to work, but I'm not certain what error
you would get if it was not installed.  If running "rpm -q
sendmail-cf" tells you it's not installed, then grab it with "yum
install sendmail-cf".

Best of luck!

--
Chris

"I trust the Democrats to take away my money, which I can afford.  I
trust the Republicans to take away my freedom, which I cannot."