sendmail.mc masquerading

Guido Leisker lists.gl at guido-leisker.de
Tue Dec 13 19:51:13 UTC 2005

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Mo, den 12.12.2005 schrieb Guido Leisker um 21:23:
>

>>I did hijack other list threads?
>

> You started your own topic by replying to the list mail with subject
> "Installation gone wrong...".
>

>>erwin is the hostname!
>>
>>define(`confDOMAIN_NAME', `guido-leisker.de')dnl
>>did not solve the problem.
>>
>>May there be problems because my domain is guido-leisker.de and my mail
>>-recipient is <...>@guido-leisker.de (hostet by a firm)?
>

> There is an official mail system which controls guido-leisker.de as its
> local domain and as well your home system with the same domain?
>

>>in mail-queue there are later mails like this:
>>The original message was received at Mon, 12 Dec 2005 22:14:17 +0100
>>from guido-leisker.de [127.0.0.1]
>>with id jBCLEHsb004594
>>
>>    ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
>>root.erwin at guido-leisker.de
>>     (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)
>>     (expanded from: <root at erwin.guido-leisker.de>)
>>
>>    ----- Transcript of session follows -----
>>550 5.1.1 root at guido-leisker.de... User unknown
>>550 5.1.1 lists.gl at guido-leisker.de... User unknown
>>550 5.1.1 root at guido-leisker.de... User unknown
>

> Is that a result from trying to send mail to the real guido-leisker.de
> mail server?
>

>>root at guido-leisker.de
>>lists.gl at guido-leisker.de
>>are existing mail accounts, hosted by the provider.
>>Seems that sendmail still thinks that that are local addresses?
>>Is there a loop?
>

> If guido-leisker.de is treated as you local domain, then mail will not
> be send for recipients of this domain to an external MTA.

Ok that sounds plausible.
But sending to most other mails-addresses with other domain doesnt work too.

> $ echo '$=w' | /usr/lib/sendmail -bt
result:
ADDRESS TEST MODE (ruleset 3 NOT automatically invoked)
Enter <ruleset> <address>
 > localhost.localdomain
guido-leisker.de
localhost
erwin.guido-leisker.de

> If guido-leisker.de does not appear there, then mail to this domain will
> be sent to the responsible MX or A record host. Maybe you want to add
> this domain to /etc/sysconfig/local-host-names.
>
> I am not sure what you want to achieve. You give confusing information.
> Please elaborate if the hints are not enough.
My proceeding is confus too. :)
I want to achieve, that every mail is send to external mail-accounts.
The system shall not send local massages and shall not receive any masseges.

Wants with the dynamic IP? Is there a problem? How could I solve this
Problem?
Hint: guido-leisker.de points not(!) to my commputer.
Only the domain (only http(s) I think) is configured to point to
guido-leisker.dyndns.org.

--
guido
Germany