amd .vs intel....

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Thu Dec 15 02:45:46 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 20:54 -0500, Jim Cornette wrote:
> Jeff Vian wrote:

> >>The best thing that could happen to Linux would be for Microsoft to stamp
> >>out piracy.
> >>

> >Why restrict that action to Microsoft?  Piracy costs us all in some way.
> >FOSS eliminates the temptation for piracy in many ways but it takes
> >action from those who can identify when piracy is occurring to stamp it
> >out.
> >
> >I think there are many more companies than Microsoft that lose to
> >piracy... mainly the applications developers.
> >

> Some that cry piracy (corporations) stole the concepts and code from
> other corporations. Piracy has to be defined in different terms before
> it is of any importance at all. To me, piracy is just a buzzword for
> those that can legally steal from others, then have all the resources
> from their acts of stealing from others (money and political clout),
> then cry about another's actions.
> Netscape, stacker, Apple, pctools and so many other comanies were put
> out from one of the best known pirate corporatiions of all, next only to
> oil and the trilateral commission.
----
Originality is the ability to conceal one's sources.

This is pretty off topic for Fedora list so I am not going to take issue
with the above.

Proprietary software has become reduced to selling the same thing over
and over again to the same people. Eventually, people will find the
usability and the feature set of open source stuff more than suitable,
infinitely more configurable and offers greater ownership of software
and data.

Piracy is about corporations defining the terms, acquisition costs and
limitations of usage for their products and consumers feeling that the
burden of these definitions are excessive.

Craig