Hylafax/FC4 with 2 modems - how to set default ougoing?

Chris Ruprecht chris at ruprecht.org
Thu Dec 15 03:15:14 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have set up a HylaFAX server with 2 modems, the modems are identical,
one is on port ttyS0, the other is on ttyS1.

The one on ttyS0 has the incoming fax line attached to it and should
only be used for outgoing faxes when ttyS1 is busy.

I tried to set up ModemPriority for each modem, setting S0 to 250 (low
priority) and S1 to 0 (highest priority) and restarted the service - S0
is always chosen to send faxes.
I set up the 'any' ModemGroup - restarted HylaFAX - still S0 gets
chosen.

How can I get it to use ttyS1 first?

Best regards,
Chris