mpage madness.

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Thu Dec 15 17:02:08 UTC 2005

Has anyone  had the problem we are having with mpage printing multiple
copies of documents. Below is a outline of some tests on two machines
moof and Sneezy.

1. Moof and the Sneezy are running the same version of mpage.
mpage-2.5.4-5
2. I produced a ps file from mpage on Moof and Sneezy which were
essentially the same.
3. Doing an lpr psfile from mpage on Sneezy but printed on Moof
produced one copy. Printing the same file on Sneezy produced 15
copies.
4. Printing a  different ps file on Sneezy produced only one copy.

Well I am mystified. Any ideas.

In order to live free and happily, you must sacrifice boredom.
It is not always an easy sacrifice.
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University